Tuesday 10 July 2012

Isle of Wight, Pixie Gardens and Cream Teas ^_^

Hi everyone :D

Been a while since I posted anything new but it's been a while since I did anything interesting! :P However I had a weeks holiday from work last week which just so happened to coincide with a friends holiday so we decided to go for a day trip to the Isle of Wight :)

I'd never been before despite having lived on the opposite side of the Solent for almost 20 years and I really enjoyed it. of course I took loads of pictures which I hope you'll enjoy ^_^

I had an overwhelming need to candidly photograph this seemingly random row of colourful VW buses. I WILL own one of these eventually ^_^

These were all taken in a cute little toy museum on Gods Hill ^_^



Beatles signatures :)

Adorable 1960s rocking horse

Puppet Show

THE MONKEE MOBILE!!! (My favourite TV show ever!)




Florence and Dougal ^_^



Remember you're a womble ^_^

Lady Penelope's awesome pink cadillac ^_^

After the Toy Museum we took a wander to the Pixie Garden ^_^















These fabulous toadstools were planted in various parts of the garden, they were one of the most magnificent, whimisically, silly things I have ever seen ^_^


















Adorable thatched cottages, I like to think the elves live in them ^_^




Then we wandered to the Gift Shop ^_^













Scare crows!! ^____^


Before going home we went into an adorable little tea room and had to have a cream tea, the tea room was filled with little kitchen witches I just had to photograph.








All in all it was an awesome day despite the weather, if you ever get the chance to head over there for the day or a long weekend I highly suggest you do so, for a small island there's loads to see and do ^_^

In other news I'm mainly concentrating on my travel plans at the moment, details of which you can find here. I've also created a Facebook profile for keeping up with travel buddies and where I can keep all my travelling info and research together, if you have any stories or hints or tips to share feel free to add me http://www.facebook.com/travelling.kazz ^_^

I think that about does it for me today (well this morning as it is almost 5am!)

I really should head to bed :P

Cotton Candy Kisses and Hot Honey Hugs ^_^

x















10 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Answers my question about the pixie garden too! It looks amazing. Glad you had such a fab time.
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was loadsa fun, it was awesome spotting the pixies hidden around and the toadstools were just fabulous!!! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Fun photos! I love the fairies and the thatched cottages! You asked where the photos were taken on my blog (the sunset photos on Art, Books, Tea) My niece lives in rural northern Ohio...which is where she took them. Thanks for visiting and your comment!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to e-meet you Cindy, thanks for following :) Northern Ohio seems to get some lovely sunsets!!

      Yeah the pixie garden was awesome, judging from your profile I gather you'd have really liked it there :) especially the tea rooms hehe, am I right in thinking tea isn't overly popular in the US?

      xx

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous place, toys, pixies, mushrooms, witches and cream teas!! It doesn't get much better than that :-) Great pictures, I love the pixie pics.

    Have a great week,
    Lori xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it;s almost as if the Isle of Wight was created especially for us :P They were selling teapot wind chimes!!!! :O I wanted to get some but didn't have the money d'oh! Will have to get some eventually ^_^

      Thanks for your comment x

      Delete
  4. Thank you for coming to visit my blog in California. The photos of the Isle of Wight are awesome! Love the Pixie Garden as I am a doll maker, so I am intrigued by the fairies and elves and the thatched cottages and mushrooms. And the VW buses are far out! All in a row like that is almost unheard of. My dad used to own a 1966 VW bus he drove us all over California back in the day. Do come back and partake in the Mad Tea Party on July 28th!!! This is the fifth year in a row for Vanessa Valencia at 'A Fanciful Twist' typepad.com to throw her Amazing Mad Tea Party! Hope to see you on the blog roll!
    It is 90 degrees here at 8 o'clock at night! Our crazy hot summer weather is here to stay for about three more months.
    Cheers!
    Teresa in California
    http://amagcialwhimsy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teresa, I enjoyed your blog :D Thanks for following! Yeah I didn't think the Isle of Wight would be so awesome but it was right up my street :D I'll have to visit again sometime. VW buses are awesome, I'd love to own a vintage one and do it up and go wherever the road takes me :)

      I'd love to take part in the tea party but how exactly does it all work? I was a little confused :P

      Hope to hear from you again soon :D x

      Delete
  5. Hi dear my friend.. You have an amazing blog..:)) I like your blog so so much... And also I like your style.. I am your new follower and I ll follow your art closer..:))
    Also I add your blog name on my blog list on my blog as I can see your blog posts easyly..:))
    All best wishes..
    And happy happy weekend..:))
    http://becktovintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for your lovely comments :) I'm following you back, can't wait to see your new stuff :D

      Kazz x

      Delete